Thursday, July 23, 2020

PEC Challenge: Old Time Bagels

It has happened.  The rat's nest also known as my "quarantine hair" has been cut and shaped back into what could be considered a "normal functioning adult." length.  Minus the good looks and fame, the transition has been almost like Vinny Chase in season 7 of Entourage.  You know, the season when everyone wondered if the show was still good because Vinny went through an existential crisis after performing his own stunts on a movie, got addicted to drugs, and dated Sasha Grey?  The only portion of that trifecta I've ever experienced in my life is the existential crisis and that's why my friends always affectionately compared me to the character Johnny Drama.  Other than being the oldest, most washed up member of my friend group (with the best calves), I don't see it.  Anyway, I won't bore you with any more details of a show that's been off the air for nearly a decade let's get to Old Time Bagels.  Coincidentally, this spot is right next door to the salon I go to get my haircut.  (Yes we've been through this my mom works at a salon and my girl Helen gives me great haircuts, get over it.) 




Bread Rating: 6.6/10 (The bagels here are just OK, on the smaller side, and not very toasted.)

Pork Roll Rating: 7.8/10 (True pork roll flavor, thin cut, heated to perfection.)

Egg Rating: 7.6/10 (A fried egg with the right seasoning can make all the difference between a 7 and a 6.)

Cheese Rating: 6.6/10 (Standard Kraft single.)

Sandwich Composition: 6.9/10 (Average composition for a bagel sandwich.  Good SPK application.)

Overall: 7.1/10 (With an average bagel and above-average pork roll, this isn't a bad everyday PEC)

Price: $5

Old Time Bagels is located at 3253 NJ-35, Hazlet, NJ 07730




No comments:

Post a Comment