Thursday, October 1, 2020

PEC Challenge: Anna's Kitchen

So about that debate the other night.  JUST KIDDING, we are not talking about that shitshow.  In other news, I saw my first bit of professional live entertainment last night.  Bill Burr absolutely murdered at the Blu Grotto talking about all of his new 2020 complaints of which there were many.  An hour of uninterrupted laughter and comedy is just what the doctor ordered.  Thank you, Bill, come back soon.  Anyway here's another backlogged pork roll.  Why am I backlogged and why don't I blog earlier in the week?  Good question.  You see, the $25 USD I've made on weird-ass ads just isn't going to cut it for rent on the Navesink River so I need a real job, and now is the busiest time of the year, specifically the beginning of the week. (Bet you can't guess what my day job is.) So enjoy this pork roll that I ate in August.  Anna's Kitchen is in the same strip as Jughandle Brewery, which I highly recommend. You are allowed outside food there so grab a pork roll from Anna's and hit up Jughandle to wash it down.   


Bread Rating: 7.7/10 (Nice and soft kaiser roll that was able to support all of the layers on this sandwich nicely.)

Pork Roll Rating: 8.1/10 (Three thick slices that had a bit of a snap to them.  Must be Case's, which is an excellent brand choice if you have thicker cuts on your breakfast sandwich.)

Egg Rating: 7.3/10 (A couple of jumbo fried eggs in between pork roll slices. I'd rate them as slightly above average due to size.)

Cheese Rating: 7.1/10 (This place gives you a few options for cheese which is cool.  For consistencies sake, I selected yellow American as it's what's typically on these.)

Sandwich Composition: 8.3/10 (The layering on this sandwich was incredibly balanced with excellent SPK ratio and meat to bread ratio.  

Overall: 7.7/10 (An incredibly solid breakfast sandwich.)

Price: $5

Anna's Restaurant is located at 4057 Asbury Ave, Tinton Falls, NJ 07753 

No comments:

Post a Comment