Thursday, September 17, 2020

PEC Challenge: Mrs. Brizzle's Buns

After focusing primarily on the big Taliercio's Sandwiches; Ranked for the past few weeks, I have not stopped eating pork rolls. (Other summer accomplishments include: catching a serious tan, getting 100% completion on Red Dead Redemption 2, and memorizing the entirety of Hamilton).  Naturally, I have a pretty substantial backlog from the summer that I will begin releasing today, with two South Jersey pork rolls.  One from a beloved Sea Isle City breakfast spot and the other from an equally beloved gas station.  Let's just call this the "coming to the Jersey Shore from Philly" pork roll starter set.  Yes, that means I will be covering WAWA, I see you PA drivers, I know where you started your day.  But first, let's start with Mrs. Brizzle's Buns.  Hilarious name aside, Mrs. Brizzle's serves up some of the best cinnamon rolls on the East Coast and that's what they are mostly known for.  They do, however, serve breakfast sandwiches, specifically pork roll, egg, and cheese, and I can't think of a better way to start off a day at the beach.  



Bread Rating: 7.6/10 (Super soft bread, I know the place has buns in the name but the rolls aren't half bad either.)

Pork Roll Rating: 6.8/10 (Very thinly sliced pork roll, par for the course.  Griddled on the crispy side.)

Egg Rating: 5.5/10 (Frothy eggs on a breakfast sandwich is a risk.  The eggs themselves weren't bad but this style of eggs will always have a difficult time scoring on a sandwich.  They're just all over the place and impossible to keep on the sandwich.)

Cheese Rating: 6.8/10 (The cheese was mixed into the eggs which is a good thing except for that the cheesy eggs didn't stay on the sandwich.)

Sandwich Composition: 6.3/10 (I think I pretty much covered the composition in the egg and cheese sections.)

Overall: 6.6/10 (This wasn't a bad PEC, they took a risk with the eggs and it kind of threw everything else off.  Some people might like this style of egg on their sandwich and those people might be wrong.  I would still take this one over the next PEC any day.) 

Price: $8, cash only. 

Mrs. Brizzle's Buns is located at 4601 Landis Ave, Sea Isle City, NJ 08243

Now to Wawa...


Bread Rating: 5.4/10 (You know what it is.  It's a bagel from Wawa, the same as a bagel from a Dunkin or a 711.  I'll just leave it there before I offend you guys further.)

Pork Roll Rating: 4.2/10 (This is pork roll, I guess?  One little slice, likely reheated in a microwave and left under a heat lamp for an hour.  Sick.) 

Egg Rating: 3.5/10 (Here's where scrambled eggs go very wrong. At least Mrs. Brizzle's eggs were fresh.  These are those insta-eggs you'll get when dealing with a multi-location corporate convenience store.)

Cheese Rating: 1.5/10 (I think there was cheese on here? Still unsure.)

Sandwich Composition 4.8/10 (It existed, and I ate it.  Mostly because I have 0 shame and because I was about to hit a quick 9 holes and needed sustenance.)

Overall:  3.8/10 (This is what it is.  Stick with the hoagies at Wawa and you will be fine.  Shame because similar business QuickCheck did a much better job.)

Price: $3.50

Wawa is pretty much impossible not to find in the Mid-Atlantic states (NJ,PA, DE, MD).    

No comments:

Post a Comment