Monday, July 8, 2019

PEC Challenge: Atlantic Bagel Company 2

After eight grueling days at the beach without WiFi (it was great), I've returned to civilization and my life behind a desk (not great).  I'm going to get into the pork rolls I encountered on my trip to the Outer Banks but first I figured what better way to get back into the grind than to wake up with a good NJ pork roll.  Now that I'm back, and summer is in full swing, we will be returning to our regularly scheduled summer program of Beach PEC's 2019.  Now, I've already rated another ABC location (Atlantic Bagel 3 in Sunken City), which admittedly disappointed me especially considering it's located in the neighborhood I grew up in.  This Atlantic Bagel is their 2nd store, right on River Rd. in Rumson, a mere 4-minute ride to Sea Bright. The inside is more weathered than the newer RB location, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.  Let's see if their breakfast sandwiches are better or worse.



Bread Rating: 6.5/10 (Bagel was improved from the Red Bank location.)

Pork Roll Rating: 7.2/10 (The pork roll here was seasoned really well, I enjoyed it. Two moderately cut slices.)

Egg Rating: 6.6/10 (Pretty average egg, though it was all over the place.)

Cheese Rating: 6.2/10 (Same likely Kraft single cheese you'll find at their RB location.) 

Sandwich Composition: 4.5/10 (Simply put, this breakfast sandwich was a mess.  It wasn't cut all the way through so when I tried to break it open, it was a total disaster.  The SPK ratio was much better than the RB location but it was still a bigger mess.) 

Overall Rating: 6.1/10 (It wasn't terrible, but with much better options in the area, I wouldn't say this is a great PEC to bring to the beach with you.) 

Price: $5, cash only. 

Atlantic Bagel Company 2 is located at 113 East River Rd, Rumson, NJ 07760

No comments:

Post a Comment