Friday, February 14, 2020

PEC Challenge: Joe's Bagel and Grill

Last Valentine's Day, I told you all the riveting tale of Al Capone and the St. Valentine's Day Massacre.  But I'm not going to bring you down for this year's Valentine's Day.  Why would I do that? I'm just happy this is the last of the winter "holidays" where we all pretend we're happy about the fact that it's thirty degrees outside while force-feeding ourselves decadent dinners.  Call me crazy but I'm more of an "outside with a drink in my hand" holiday guy.  St Patrick's Day? Beer and outside.  Cinco de Mayo? Tequila and outside.  You get the point.  That doesn't mean I don't have any plans tonight.  I'm not an animal.  After reading an article about the top ten romantic dinner spots in NJ, I noticed one was right down the road in Long Branch.  Is it also a place I used to valet cars during summers between college semesters? Yes.  But in my humble opinion, nothing says "romance" more than the thought of me at twenty years old driving a car 1,000 times my net worth. Also, I treated my girlfriend to an everything bagel this morning so who says chivalry is dead? 




Bread Rating: 6.8/10 (Average bagel, maybe a bit too bready, some good toast on the outside.)

Pork Roll Rating: 6.6/10 (Three, kind of, thick slices, the brand they use tasted a bit like bologna which was a little weird.  Unsure if they used the same griddle as the eggs but it didn't seem that way.)

Egg Rating: 6.9/10 (Two fried eggs with melted cheese in between.  Nothing really to write home about, the eggs were average, glad they used two though.)

Cheese Rating: 6.9/10 (Standard yellow American although I appreciated the amount and that it was very melted.  A surprise piece in between pork roll pieces 2 and 3 was nice.)

Sandwich Composition: 6.6/10 (A bit heavy on the ketchup, some runny cheese which isn't necessarily a complaint just something to be aware of.)

Overall Rating: 6.7/10 (Average is about all I could surmise from this PEC.  Nothing about it blew me away, the pork roll was a little unique.  Bagels, decent.  A nice little spot near Monmouth Racetrack.  I can't wait for Spring.)

Price: $5.50, cards accepted. (They have square, which is exceptionally modern for a bagel place around here.)


Joe's Bagel and Grill is located at 205 NJ-36, West Long Branch, NJ 07764

No comments:

Post a Comment