Thursday, January 10, 2019

Sandwich Challenge 2 of 73: Panini Time

It's currently cold as shit degrees Fahrenheit right now and it looks like we may get our first ice on the river today. Usually, there would be no chance I'd leave my apartment under such conditions but I am so excited to do this challenge that I ventured out.  Do I dare get a COLD sandwich on a day like today? Never.  Days like these call for something a bit warmer, maybe say, a panini.  Lucky for me, 25 of the 73 sandwiches on this challenge are paninis so that should last the winter.  The first on the list, The Godfather:


The Godfather: Prosciutto, mozzarella, tomato, basil pesto


I won't lie, I didn't know how to feel about the sight of the basil pesto on both sides of the bread.  This might get messy.  All doubt left my head on the first bite.  The pairing of prosciutto and mozzarella should have been on Bud Lights, Camera, Action's list of top duos (yes, I'm on a podcast too, check it out). Mozzarella is a top 1 cheese and there's nothing anyone can tell me otherwise.  The prosciutto is pretty salty deli meat and you can really tell on the 2nd half of this sandwich.  Yes, I liked it so much I ate what should have been tomorrow's lunch.  It was a light sandwich! (Apologies to my doctor).


Rating: 7.2/10


Fresh mozzarella and tomato really stand out when hot pressed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment