Monday, January 7, 2019

Welcome to El Jefe Eats

Hello, blog world, it's me @eljefegarrido (follow me on Twitter) and I've been told that age 30 is the time to start "adult" hobbies.  After ruling out woodworking (C- student in middle school workshop class) and building computers (parts are expensive!); I've landed on using the one skill I've gone into financial ruin obtaining, writing.  Shoutout CUA tuition fees! After 10 years of living in the deli deprived hellscape that is the DMV (DC, Maryland, Virginia), I've returned to my home state of NJ and all is right in the world. Since the only time I've had a proper breakfast sandwich or deli experience in the past decade has been during the holidays at home, here are the first two projects I'm going to focus on:

1. Tasting all 73 sandwiches and paninis from my favorite local deli, Taliercio's in Middletown.

2. Having a pork roll egg and cheese (salt, pepper, ketchup) from a different Monmouth County establishment once a week.

In this first week, I'm going to start with two Taliercio's sandwiches on Monday and Friday then continually post a PEC on Monday mornings and a new sandwich every Friday.  Also, because I'm a nerd, I'll be posting some hopefully interesting data insights once I start rolling.  

Alright good talk, see you all out there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment