Thursday, May 9, 2019

Sandwich Challenge: Petey C

I'm not sure where this sandwich name comes from (probably someone with the first name Pete and last name that starts with C).  Since it probably isn't named after my college roommate during my pre-study abroad Junior Year (shoutout Pete, great guy), I went ahead and Googled "Pete C."  Here are the top five results: 

Pete Carroll Seattle Seahawks head coach

Famous for: gum chewing and calling a pass play on the 1-yard line with 25 seconds to go in the Super Bowl when Marshawn Lynch is standing right there. 

Pete Correale, Comedian

Famous for: Co-hosting a comedy show on satellite radio with Sebastian Maniscalco and writing the CBS sitcom Kevin Can Wait.  I don't have any personal experience with either of his works so let's just move on. 

Pete Campbell, fictional character from Mad Men

I've never watched Mad Men so I know next to nothing about this character other than he's married to Alison Brie's character but cheats on her constantly (I think the point of the show is men cheating on their wives) and he's from the whitest family you could possibly write on television.  

Pete Chatman, Pianist-Singer specializing in Blues known as Memphis Slim

Famous for: Writing the blues standard"Every Day I Have the Blues" in 1947, being from Memphis. 

Pete Castiglione, Baseball player

Not only is Pete Castiglione the alias of Frank Castle in The Punisher but he was also the shortstop of the Pittsburgh Pirates from 1947-1953.  He had his best season in 1951 when he batted .261 with 7 home runs and 42 RBIs.  The more you know. 





Petey C: Prosciutto, Fried Eggplant, Provolone, Roasted Peppers, Balsamic Vinegar


As much as I want to love every sandwich I eat here because I love Taliercio's, I couldn't get behind this one.  But that's why I'm doing this challenge, to try them all so I could ultimately rank them.  The fried eggplant is very good but for me, prosciutto and provolone are at the bottom of their respective categories as far as meat and cheese go.  Definitely, a personal taste thing so the last thing I would do would be to dissuade you from eating this sandwich if these ingredients call to you, they just didn't for me.  

Overall: 5.8/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment