Friday, September 20, 2019

PEC Challenge: The Bagel Store

I just came off two rounds of golf at two different courses this past weekend.  Before you say "must be nice" let me just say that these two rounds doubled my golf playing for the year.  Golf's one of those things that I enjoy (until I inevitably fall apart around Hole 13) but don't play enough.  It's also a game that you have to play more of in order to get good but I think I've logged enough hours to upgrade myself from a "smiley face" golfer (taking about a million strokes inevitably resorting to throwing the ball to the green) to a consistent "getting to the green at a reasonable pace using only clubs" golfer.  (Please note this only applies to easy public courses.) I still have a lot of work to do on my golf game but the good news is it can only go up from here.  Before playing Saturday's round of the 2nd Annual Wolfpack Open (a round of golf my friends and I play each year) at Pebble Creek in Colts Neck, I just had to stop into the local bagel shop down the street to see what was up.  Previously, I had covered the Colts Neck General Store right down the road from Pebble Creek so for this trip I went to The Bagel Store, right on the corner of 537 and NJ-34.  



Bread Rating: 8.2/10 (Crazy idea that the bagels at a place called The Bagel Store are actually good!) 

Pork Roll Rating: 7.8/10 (Three thin cut slices of pork roll goodness. Griddled right in front of you.)

Egg Rating: 7.7/10 (A fresh fried egg made with your pork roll.)

Cheese Rating: 6.8/10 (Nothing special about the cheese, typical sliced variety of American yellow.)

Sandwich Composition: 6.9/10 (A little heavy-handed with the ketchup here plus the difficultness of eating a breakfast sandwich on a bagel.  It kept together for the most part though and I didn't get any ketchup on my brand new golf shirt, that would have been more embarrassing than my round.)

Overall: 7.4/10 (This is the best option for you before playing a round at Pebble Creek in my opinion. The bagels are very good and they put together a nice sandwich.)

Price: $5.50

The Bagel Store is located at 340 NJ-34, Colts Neck, NJ 07722

No comments:

Post a Comment