Thursday, March 12, 2020

PEC Challenge: Inbetween Cafe

We did it.  This is the 64th PEC and final entrant in our first PEC Bracket.  And with everything getting canceled this week, this could be the only bracket in the WORLD that matters.  Since everyone (me) is fighting off the combination of sadness and anger that all of my favorite things that happen this month are canceled, I'll be releasing the bracket today.  Here's how it's going to work:

Preview blog of each matchup, one "region" at a time with an attached poll to the blog to vote on.  In addition, I'll be running each "region" on my Instagram (@agarrido4) story for you to vote on.  And finally, I'll post polls on Twitter (@ElJefeGarrido) to vote on.  Once all the votes from all three are counted at the end of next Friday, we will move onto the next round.  

Am I happy that this will likely be the only bracket I'll fill out this year? No, not at all.  But at least we have something.  And if you've never eaten a PEC, just vote on the pictures and let me know which one you think is better.  Now if you excuse me, I'm heading over to Best Buy to buy a new TV and a PS4 since this is our lives now.  (I will still be venturing outdoors for Taliercio's and PEC's as long as places are open.) 



Bread Rating: 8.8/10 (Two words.  Buttered. Roll.  I don't know why more places don't do this but it's a no brainer at a classic greasy spoon like this.  Sure the poppy seed roll might be cheating a bit but this still would have been amazing as a plain roll.)

Pork Roll Rating: 8.4/10 (Three thick cuts with egg and cheese layered in between.)

Egg Rating: 9.1/10 (Again, fried egg in butter from the heavens.  Is this the most unhealthy way to consume a PEC? Probably.  But it also might be the best.)

Cheese Rating: 7.7/10 (Yellow American cheese, on each layer.  Melted with the butter, we're really rolling now.)

Composition Rating: 8.6/10 (Nearly perfect composition, layered with pork roll egg and cheese coming with every bite.  You have to apply your own ketchup but you don't really need it on this one.  And I think it would be remiss of me to not mention the butter again.)

Overall: 8.6/10 (A classic luncheonette set up that I honestly didn't know existed but it seems everyone else in Red Bank does because the place is always packed. Just another one of the many breakfast options in Red Bank but this one might be my new favorite.)

Price: $8, cash only

Inbetween Cafe is located at 56 English Plaza, Red Bank, NJ 07701

No comments:

Post a Comment