Thursday, March 7, 2019

PEC Challenge: Bagel Bistro

I'm about eight months into remote working and I have to say it's been pretty great to have a commute that requires putting on zubaz pants (optional) and walking across the hall.  Every so often though, this commute turns into a 4-hour drive to Alexandria, VA when I visit my actual office.  This week, I made this commute at 6am to and from Alexandria.  Usually, I stop at a bagel shop to provide my colleagues with some insight into what they are missing. (Mostly bagels in VA come from Panera Bread, yikes). On this trip, I decided to stop at the far reaches of Monmouth County (Millstone) on my way to the Turnpike. It had a solid rating on Google and was also easily accessible off the highway.       

Bagel Bistro is right off the same I-195 exit as Great Adventure so it could be an option for pre-Nitro riding fuel or before hitting the Jackson Outlets.  I was expecting the bagels to be a little better from a place with "bagel" in their name but it really was more of a deli than a bagel shop.  The place is nice enough but the PEC was about average and certainly nothing to write home about. I'm sure their sandwiches are solid (they use the only appropriate deli meat, Boar's Head).  So it goes. 


Bread Rating: 5.6/10 (The bagels here were kind of weak, to be honest.)

Pork Roll Rating: 5.8/10 (Only one slice?)

Egg Rating: 6.5/10 (Fried, average)

Cheese Rating: 6.5/10: (Standard)

Sandwich Composition: 7.1/10 (The highlight of the sandwich, was able to eat it while driving and didn't make a mess)

Overall Rating: 6.3/10

Price: $4.75, cards accepted.

Bagel Bistro is located at 498 Monmouth Rd. Millstone, NJ 08510

No comments:

Post a Comment