Tuesday, March 12, 2019

PEC Challenge: The Windward Deli

Still reeling from Colton's stunning decision on the finale of The Bachelor last night? Same.  Was drinking multiple bottles of wine aggressive for a Monday night? Maybe, but it was the finale*! (Shoutout to the greatest Bachelor dinner club on the planet, "Bach Daddies")  Now that that's over, I can fully invest my Monday nights back to the Road to Wrestlemania.  Anyway, enough about my TV habits, we're here for the pork roll.





I must have driven past The Windward Deli over 1,000 times during my life but never once stopped and went in for a sandwich; likely because I had my own deli just up the street from me, but also it's on the same street as my dentist's office which is traumatizing enough for me to stay away.  It's a typical clean deli that I yearned for during my time in the DMV.  I don't think they have bagels here so it went on a hard roll that was a little too soft.  But that would have to be my only complaint with the sandwich.  They featured 2 fried eggs and even snuck in an extra piece of pork roll at the bottom in between two slices of cheese. This place pleasantly surprised me, I'll definitely have to go back an try their breakfast burrito sometime.  



Bread Rating: 6.8/10 

Pork Roll Rating: 8.1/10 (Three thick slices with a surprise slice beneath the egg and cheese)

Egg Rating: 8.4/10 (Fried egg >>>)

Cheese Rating: 6.5/10 (Typical, Kraft single bumped a bit by putting it in on both sides of the egg.)

Sandwich Composition: 7.2/10 (Maybe a little heavy on the ketchup but it wasn't messy and I couldn't get over the surprise pork roll in there)

Overall Rating: 7.4/10 

Price: $4.25, $10 minimum with a card.  They are closed on Sunday's.  

The Windward Deli is located at 254 Maple Ave. Red Bank, NJ 07701

*Turns out last night was only part 1 of the finale so we'll need to run it back again tonight with steak tacos and tequila, hey, I don't make the rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment