Saturday, March 23, 2019

PEC Challenge: Brennan's Delicatessen of Rumson

I woke up with a hangover this morning.  No, I didn't drink last night, I was just infected by the #madness. (I drank almost 0 water yesterday because I'm dumb.)  Almost all of my picks came through yesterday in what was shaping up as one of the greatest bracket turnarounds in tournament history.  I was looking at an undefeated day right up until the virgins from Liberty decided to upset Mississippi State.  From there, I ended up going 2-2 in the late night games, remaining decidedly towards the bottom of the middle of the pack.  Sure, you can say maybe you shouldn't have had to rely on an undefeated day to get back in contention but shut up.  My bracket wasn't the only thing looking for redemption yesterday.  Brennan's deserved redemption, so this morning I went to the OG location in Rumson, and friends, it did not disappoint.  


I actually got pork roll on this sandwich, which was already a major improvement from bacon. (Sorry New Yorkers/rest of the country but you are all wrong.) The sandwich itself was the perfect size for a breakfast sandwich and every ingredient was fresh, even the ketchup tasted homemade.  I hope and believe the Middletown location could get to this point and once it does could contend with the best PEC in town.  Before then, you can always rely on the original location. 


Bread Rating: 8.4/10 (Roll was fresh, soft and the perfect size)

Pork Roll Rating: 8.7/10 (They got it right, and the pork roll was very good)

Egg Rating: 7.3/10 (Little thin on the egg but let's be honest pork roll is the star)

Cheese Rating: 7.5/10 (Plenty of it, tasted like real cheese)

Sandwich Composition: 8.4/10 (This was just what you want out of a breakfast sandwich)

Overall Rating: 8.1/10 

Price: $5.50, cards accepted.  

Follow me on Instagram @eljefeeats

Brennan's Delicatessen of Rumson is located at 44 W. River Rd. Rumson, NJ 07760

No comments:

Post a Comment