Monday, November 25, 2019

Taliercio's Challenge: The Gobbler

The holiday season has officially begun! I know, Thanksgiving is still three days away, but I celebrated Friendsgiving over the weekend and with two days of work this week, my mind and body are ready for the holiday carnage I'm about to put it through.  Luckily for all of us, Taliercio's makes a "Thanksgiving" sandwich aptly named The Gobbler.  I wouldn't say I would report you to the FBI if you ordered this sandwich outside the Thanksgiving holiday window but I'm definitely suspicious of your actions. 

The Gobbler: Turkey, Stuffing, Jellied Cranberry, Gravy

This was by far the sloppiest sandwich I've received at Taliercio's.  It's essentially a Thanksgiving plate put on Semolina bread.  I'm really glad they included stuffing in this sandwich because everyone knows that, when made correctly, stuffing is the top of the Thanksgiving sides power rankings.  No surprise here that the stuffing at Talercio's is delicious but with the gravy (also delicious) the sandwich kind of falls apart completely.  It's best if we just call this sandwich what it is; a cute novelty addition to a robust selection of sandwiches.  The ingredients are all good, I would just probably never order this again.  BUT! If you don't have time to cook and are having Thanksgiving guests, you could always go to Taliercio's to cater your event.  

Overall: 5.5/10 

P.S. Thanksgiving Side Power Rankings go like this:

1. Stuffing (Why do we only have this once a year?)

2. Mac and Cheese (Preferably with jalapeno bits baked inside, don't be a wimp)

3. Mashed Potatoes (completes the holy trinity)

4. Spice-roasted butternut squash (with a nice vinaigrette drizzle)

5. Roasted Brussel sprouts (grow up, these are good)

6. Crispy Green Beans (obnoxious amount of garlic preferred, breadcrumbs a nice touch)

7. Honey glazed roasted carrots (The official "I'm running out of room on my plate" side)

8.  Creamed Spinach (you would smartly put this on your dinner roll.)

9. Corn (approaching WTF territory.)

10.  Yams (officially in WTF territory.)

11. Cranberry sauce (convinced only invited to the party because people feel bad)

1,000. Salad (Please don't disrespect bulking season again.)

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment