Thursday, November 14, 2019

Taliercio's Challenge: Mikey A

Rolling towards Thanksgiving and we're back with another turkey sandwich.  Like last week, I think this sandwich is named after someone at Taliercio's but we're going to power rank some Mikey/Mike/Michael A's in history anyway so please humor me.  Did you know there are 4,360,065 people named Michael in the U.S? Here's where these famous (according to Google) Mikey A's rank.

# 4,360,065: Michael Avenetti, lawyer

Man, what a slimy piece of shit this guy is.  Let's just move on.

#954: Mikey Ambrose, Atlanta United FC CB

You probably don't know this guy and neither do I. He plays soccer in the MLS for Atlanta's expansion team.  

#1: Mike Alstott, NFL player

Not to piggyback on fellow (much more famous) blogger PFTCommenter takes but Mike Alstott really is the best Mike "A" I could find on Google.  A 12 year veteran of the NFL and six-time Pro-Bowler, Alstott is regarded as the NFL's last legendary Full Back.   


Mikey A: Turkey, Mozzarella, Roasted Red Peppers, Fried Eggplant, Balsamic Vinegar

I know I raved about last week's sandwich and it's probably getting pretty boring if I rave again but I think I liked this one better.  Turns out the sandwiches named after the people who make the sandwiches are the best ones.  Who would have guessed that? I haven't been blown away by a turkey/mozzarella combo like this since my days going to Anna's on Bergenline Ave in North Bergen 25 years ago. (The real ones will know what I'm talking about.) Oh and if the turkey/mozz wasn't enough, these sick bastards threw in a fried eggplant for good measure.  Top marks.

Overall: 9.4/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment