Saturday, November 30, 2019

PEC Challenge: Brooklyn Water Bagels

My Thanksgiving Massachusetts tour continues on.  Today, I'm rolling through Framingham, MA to get a peek at my girlfriend's Catholic School upbringing. (RIP Marian High School)  I was tipped off to a place that serves pork roll and since this might be my one and only visit to Framingham, I couldn't let this opportunity pass.  You may know Framingham as the location of The Chicken Bone during season one of Bar Rescue. (Honestly, that's all I knew about the place before coming here.)  A little outside Boston, Framingham houses many company headquarters (notably Bose) and like most suburban big towns looking to attract young professionals, has a blossoming brewery scene. (Seriously, I've seen at least five breweries just driving through.) "The Ham" as it's called by locals is home to Framingham State University, which I suppose has dozens of NY/NJ natives in its ranks, so the location of a "Brooklyn Water Bagel" shop makes sense.  The shop itself is located in a strip mall and had all the appearances of a thriving bagel business.  Let's see how they did.  


Bread Rating: 6.7/10 (Not the worst attempt at a Brooklyn bagel but certainly not good.  There was a decent crisp on the bottom which was maybe the highlight of the sandwich.)

Pork Roll Rating: 4.2/10 (Two thin, barely visible pieces of pork roll.  I understand you have to "import" pork roll but if you're going to give people this don't offer it at all.  I know they offer pork roll at Wegman's in MA so you really don't have to import it at all.  Sad showing.)

Egg Rating: 3.2/10 (Completely overpowered the sandwich with unseasoned fake egg mix.  Seriously, this could have been the blandest breakfast sandwich I've ever had in my life. Sad!)

Cheese Rating: 5.8/10 (Kraft single like you read about.  You knew that was coming.)

Sandwich Composition: 4.8/10 (I'd like to say there would be some redeeming qualities to this PEC but there were absolutely none.  No SPK, no tin foil wrap, way too much shitty egg.  I could go on and on.  The fact they cheaped out this much and still have the balls to charge homesick Framingham State students $6 for this monstrosity is criminal.  In fact, I'm contacting the local representative to report these crimes.)

Overall: 4.9/10 (Honestly, the attempt at a bagel saved this sandwich it should really be a 3.9.)

Price: $6, card accepted.

Brooklyn Water Bagels is located at 341 Cochituate Rd, Framingham, MA 01701

No comments:

Post a Comment