Tuesday, October 8, 2019

PEC Challenge-Bagel Masters

I know, I know.  It's been a while for the pork rolls.  What the hell? As much as I wish it did, the pork roll game does not pay the bills.  Yes, even though I work from home, I still have to do work and not to be that guy but shit has been crazy.  It's not easy finding time to sneak away most mornings when you work from dawn(ish) to dusk trying to win over the hearts and minds of good-hearted midwesterners with political ads.  The blog isn't the only thing that I've been semi-neglecting while I slowly contribute to our country's descent into madness one ad at a time.  My DVR is almost completely full.  Talk about first world problems, "omg so sorry you have to work on a computer alone all day and haven't been able to watch grown adults party at Headliner" (Yeah, there's about ten episodes of Jersey Shore on there.)  It's been a real tough scene. The biggest culprit of filling my DVR that's been staring me in the face for months? Man v. Food.  If you aren't familiar with the premise, it's simple. A man (originally portrayed by Adam Richman) travels across the country in search of food challenges. (Talk about a dream job).  Sometimes it's really spicy wings and sometimes it's nearly 10 pounds of ground beef and carbs.  You just never know.  Anyway, Man v Food was recently revived with a brand new host, Casey Webb, who happens to be from the great state of, you guessed it, New Jersey.   Casey is a local who grew up in Little Silver and naturally did a Jersey Shore episode of Man v Food.  His favorite bagel stop? Bagel Masters in Shrewsbury.  If it's good enough for a guy on Food Network it should be good enough for you but let's find out for sure.  



Bread Rating: 7.7/10 (Pretty bold to call yourselves the bagel masters but they came through with a surprisingly fluffy yet toasted bagel.)

Pork Roll Rating: 7.8/10 (Three mediumly sliced pieces of pork roll smothered, I mean look at it with cheese.  No char at all, almost looked undercooked but alas it was actually pretty close to perfect.)

Egg Rating: 7.2/10 (Not the star of the show nor should it be.  It was a fried egg that was also smothered with cheese.)

Cheese Rating: 8.2/10 (I cannot stress this enough, including real cheese on these sandwiches will make it so much better.  It's the difference between a high 7 and a six in my opinion so please if you're reading this and own a deli...always spring for the good stuff, I'll pay more I don't care.)

Sandwich Composition: 9.1/10 (I have to say this was the first time I've had a PEC on a bagel and left little to no mess.  There was no sliding! Everything stayed together perfectly.  Was it the amount of cheese? The perfect amount of meat? Excellent SPK application here.  Just so solid.)

Overall: 8/10 (I know, rookie score, but the numbers never lie, and that's the tea.) 

Price: $4.85, credit cards accepted with $15 minimum so bring cash or bring some home for the kids.

Bagelmasters is located at 661 Broad St, Shrewsbury, NJ 07702 

No comments:

Post a Comment