Monday, October 28, 2019

PEC Challenge: Pat's Market

We are back in Lincroft to start off the week with a PEC literally three doors down (lol) from Joyce's.  I don't think Pat's Market is really known for their breakfast sandwiches? Just the vibe I got from them since the place opened at 9am and they looked really surprised to see me there at opening time.  I would consider this spot more of a deli/butcher and Joyce's more of a breakfast/also a deli spot.  Funny how I went from struggling to find a good deli/literally anywhere other than a McDonalds to get breakfast in Virginia to having about 100 delis within 15 minutes of me.  I guess the brunch scene here is significantly worse than NoVa so you win some you lose some.  This is now my fourth meal to come from Newman Springs Road over the weekend if you include last Friday's blog and my two separate Eastern Empire takeout orders from the weekend so yes, I have reached my Lincroft appearance quota for the year.  Let's check out Pat's. 



Bread Rating: 6.8/10 (A pretty standard roll that you could find at the grocery store.)

Pork Roll Rating: 6.7/10 (Seeing as though this place is a butchery I can only assume this might be their own brand of pork roll.  A little saltier than some others.)

Egg Rating: 7.4/10 (The fried egg was very good here, nice crisped edges with softness inside.)

Cheese Rating: 7/2/10 (You can tell the difference between Boars Head cheese and non-Boars Head cheese.  This was the former.  Nicely melted.)

Sandwich Composition: 6.4/10 (A little heavy on the ketchup on this one.  Generally, PEC's on bagels have trouble keeping together but this one was on a hard roll and was sliding all over the place.)

Overall: 6.9/10 (This wasn't a bad PEC, just a fairly average one and when you have a breakfast institution literally three doors down it's tough to compete.  I'm sure they have some solid meats and game day platters but if you want the best PEC you can get in Lincroft the edge has to go to Joyce's.)

Price: $6, credit accepted with $10 minimum. 

Pat's Market is located at 677 Newman Springs Rd, Lincroft, NJ 07738

No comments:

Post a Comment